Gator is a versatile software-defined processing platform designed for today’s HD and UHD SDI infrastructure. It provides the versatility of a virtualized processing node, while still integrating simply into traditional SDI infrastructure, installed in a standard openGear chassis.
At its core, Gator provides a large System-on-Chip (SoC) processor which can be loaded with a selection of media processing applications. Gator may be licensed with one or more applications, making it easy to change its job on the fly. This makes Gator a great tool in flexible environments such as mobile and fly packs. GATOR also makes rapid system design and deployment easy; cards can be designed in up-front and provisioned with the desired processing later.
The Gator platform includes 6 12G-SDI inputs and 6 12G-SDI outputs, and feature Ross’ passive hot-plug rear module technology. Our 12G-SDI products feature passive rear panels with HDBNC interconnects,
and hot-plug front modules, which meet the stringent performance requirements of 12G-SDI and provide maximum flexibility and reliability.
An integrated micro SD Card slot is provided for application-specific data storage, such as logos, animation or other media.
In DashBoard, Gator can be fully setup and controlled and managed. The interface will adapt to the active Software-Defined processing application. Status and alarming is reported via DashBoard and SNMP.
- UHD support on all products
- Software enabled processing allows for platform to be used in a variety of applications
- Future software defined processing will allow customers to apply media processing licenses to different modules as needed
- Optional redundant power supplies on all frames
- System ties configuration, control, and monitoring into DashBoard providing a seamless integration in the Ross Ecosystem
- Part of the openGear™ product family. Seamless integration with the world’s only truly open modular product series