Facilitates configuration, control, and management of a large-scale AV network using DM® NVX encoder/decoders. Provides the virtual equivalent of one or more hardware-based DM matrix switchers.
The DM® XiO Director, model DM-XIO-DIR-160, is an enterprise-grade network appliance that facilitates configuration, control, and management of a large-scale AV network. Using DM NVX encoder/decoders, Crestron® offers the industry’s most versatile and scalable solution for distributing 4K60 4:4:4 HDR video over an IP network. The XiO Director provides a means for managing large networks of DM NVX devices, routing AV signals, and simplifying integration with one or more Crestron control systems.
Virtual DM® Switcher
The XiO Director virtually emulates the functionality of a traditional hardware-based DigitalMedia™ matrix switcher, routing high-quality 4K streaming AV signals throughout a room, building, or campus. The DM-XIO-DIR-160 model supports a total of 160 endpoint devices consisting of DM NVX encoders and decoders. Multiple XiO Director units can be deployed, with the ability to route signals between units just like hardware switchers , easily handling even the largest corporate enterprise, university, governmental, military, medical, transportation, sports, entertainment, hospitality, gaming, or retail application.
Simple, Flexible Configuration
System configuration could not be simpler. The XiO Director automatically discovers each DM NVX endpoint on the network, and allows each endpoint to be assigned as a logical input or output within a "domain." A domain is a logical grouping of endpoints that operate together as a single switching entity, allowing individual rooms and other subsystems to be arranged and controlled independently. It’s like having multiple independent matrix switchers in a single rack space. The XiO Director effectively eliminates the need for physical switchers in every room, replacing them with the virtual equivalent running on the AV network.
Note: The DM-XIO-DIR-160 supports a maximum of 20 domains. For larger systems, use multiple units or use model DM-XIO-DIR-ENT, which supports 240 domains and includes additional “enterprise” features. Refer to the DM-XIO-DIR-ENT spec sheet for more information.
- Comprehensive network AV system configuration, management, and signal routing
- Emulates a traditional hardware-based matrix switcher
- Works with Crestron® DM® NVX encoders and decoders
- Supports 160 endpoints and 20 domains
- Enables grouping of endpoints in up to 20 independent subsystems
- Fully scalable for any sized network
- Intuitive web-based graphical user interface
- Ethernet control system interface
- Fully-programmable control of virtual matrices and physical endpoints
- Automatic endpoint device discovery
- Custom naming and search tools
- Easy diagnostics and signal status display
- XML device map file import/export
- Built-in logging
- Four Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports
- Single-space 19" rack-mountable
- Universal 100 to 240V internal power supply