Two years ago, the editors of Sound & Video Contractor started creating a list of 30 innovative products that they had noticed during the year. They determined that innovation could be defined as anything from years of R&D to a stroke of inspiration, and they acknowledged both mechanical innovations and electronic ones. This list has become a way to honor the work of designers, engineers, and manufacturing technicians.
This year, voting was up to readers of Sound & Video Contractor for the first time. Thousands of votes were cast to choose the most innovative from among more than 60 submitted products. To be eligible for this award, products must have been designed for the professional AV market and have shipped between Oct. 15, 2012, and Oct. 15, 2013. ClearOne’s Beamforming Microphone Array was voted on the Most Innovative Products of 2013 by the readers of Sound & Video Contractor,
The Beamforming Microphone Array is the Pro-Audio industry’s first professional-grade microphone array with beamforming and adaptive steering technology and ClearOne’s next-generation Acoustic Echo Cancellation. The ultra-sleek design fits into any conferencing environment and delivers the clearest audio pickup available. Twenty-four microphone elements steer pickup patterns towards participants and reject unwanted noise and reflections, offering superb and unmatched performance for group conferencing environments.
- Beamforming & adaptive steering technology
- Next-generation Acoustic Echo Cancellation
- 24 microphone elements
- Mono and stereo modes for diverse applications
- Flexible mounting for ceiling, tabletop and wall modes
- Works with CONVERGE® Pro products: 880, 840T, 880T, 880TA
- Expandable for larger room applications by daisy-chaining up to three arrays per CONVERGE Pro unit
- Adaptive acoustic processing automatically adjusts to room configuration for best possible audio pickup
- Replaces up to 10 traditional microphones, with twice the pick-up range