June 13, 2011
To explore how a next-generation network can fuel innovation and discuss how not all networks are created equal, Cisco's new global head of Enterprise Markets, Paul Mountford, will host a live IPTV broadcast on Wednesday, June 15th. The interactive event will feature two industry-leading companies that have taken innovative approaches to leveraging next-generation networks: Tesco and the Columbus Regional Airport Authority.
- Tesco: Tesco is one of the world's largest retailers with approximately 5,000 stores and 472,000 employees across 14 countries. CIO, Mike McNamara, will discuss how Tesco uses its network — which incorporates collaboration, telepresence and data center virtualization technology — to help accelerate execution on business strategy and reduce operating costs.
- Columbus Regional Airport Authority maintains and operates three international and regional airports in central Ohio. IT executives, Shawn Prince and Aaron Hibbard, will explain why a multivendor approach did not meet the business goals of the airport authority. They will then outline how a next-generation network has laid the stable, dynamic foundation to reduce costs, while enhancing safety, security and customer service.
What: A live, global IPTV broadcast and interactive Q&A session to discuss:
- The industry trends driving the evolution of the network
- Benefits of investing in the network as a strategic asset and innovation engine
- Common misperceptions about taking a "good enough" approach to networking
- Paul Mountford, senior vice president, Global Enterprise Markets, Cisco
- Mike McNamara, chief information officer, Tesco
- Shawn Prince, IT Infrastructure and Operations manager, Columbus Regional Airport Authority
- Aaron Hibbard, senior infrastructure engineer, Columbus Regional Airport Authority
Where: To register for the webcast visit: http://newsroom.cisco.com/enough/roundtable
A replay of the webcast will be available approximately 24 hours after the webcast.
- For customer stories and videos on the network as an innovation engine,
- Follow the Twitter conversation at #engn # cisco