DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, 20 Dec. 2010: In line with its vision of increasing the reach of its customers, Etisalat recently launched UAE's first Public TelePresence room in collaboration with Tata Communications and Cisco.
Centrally located at the Dubai World Trade center (DWTC), opposite Hall number 3, the Etisalat Public TelePresence room will provide high definition virtual conferencing capabilities to businesses across a robust global video network. The network includes a unique network of 23 Public TelePresence rooms, deployed by Tata Communications, in prime business capitals of the world, such as New York, London, Mumbai and Shanghai.
Highlights / Key Facts:
- Etisalat has developed an interactive, 24x7 online booking system that will enable businesses to book the Public TelePresence room for their meetings in advance. With an unmatched flexibility of connecting with up to six participants on either side of a call, and calls possible to multiple TelePresence centres worldwide, powered by Tata Communications network, the Public TelePresence room will offer an affordable and efficient alternative to attendees traveling for global meetings.
- The Public TelePresence room is built on Cisco's advanced Public TelePresence infrastructure that enables groups to meet and collaborate in multiple locations worldwide in real time. By combining high-definition video, real time audio and interior design for Virtual Meetings business executives feel as if they are actually gathered together in the same room across a virtual table, even if they are thousands of miles apart.
- Apart from providing an agile connectivity option to traveling business executives, the TelePresence room will also enable enterprises in the UAE to access the TelePresence communications, on a pay-as-use basis, eliminating the need for them to up their own facilities, thus reducing infrastructure set-up costs.
- The Public TelePresence room will offer international connectivity to 23 locations, through Tata Communication's existing network of Cisco TelePresence rooms.
- Tata Communications now operates rooms in USA, Canada, the UK, France, Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands, Kuwait, South Africa, India, The Philippines, Singapore and Australia.