The KVX DVI-D KVM Extender lets you control a server or computer over a standard CAT5 or CAT6 UTP network cable connection at distances of up to 330 feet (100 meters). PC connection cables are included with this product, making it a solution that is ready to use right out of the box.
You can use your existing keyboard, mouse, and monitor to access both the server room and your office computer, saving space and avoiding the need for a dedicated remote console. Available with support for one or two monitors, KVX is the perfect low-cost solution for transportation control centers, medical facilities, industrial warehouses, and extended workstations.
KVX is equipped with an RS-232 serial channel that connects to a serial terminal or to serial devices, such as touchscreens and barcode scanners. It eliminates the need for traveling back and forth between the local computer and remote console, making it an efficient and flexible solution.
KVX also includes local video, allowing access to an additional monitor at the transmitter side. It's perfect for any situation that requires monitoring of connected PCs.
This extender is TAA compliant and backed by free lifetime technical support. KVX is ideal for applications that require the console to be in a conveniently accessible location while the system equipment needs to reside in a safe place - away from dust, dirt, and harsh environmental influences. It also provides a cost-effective way of keeping sensitive data, such as financial and personal information, safe in a heavily secured data center while still allowing remote access to users.
- Supports DVI-D video resolution up to 1920x1200 at 60 Hz
- Local and remote units connect at distances of up to 330 feet (100m) using standard CAT5e/6 cables
- Transparent USB 2.0 extension supports HID devices, mass storage devices
- Supports RS-232 peripheral (serial) devices
- Bi-directional audio via speaker/mic connection
- Local DVI port loopback for monitoring on transmitter (TX) unit
- Supports EDID pass-through