The AC-AEX-DEARC-KIT is a transmitter-receiver duo, designed for audio codec transfer (audio signal only, video data is not processed) from a television to a centralized system distribution location, using the eARC feature in the HDMI 2.1 specification. With nearly 30 times the audio bandwidth capacity of optical connections, eARC delivers onboard TV App high-bitrate lossless codecs, or ATSC 3.0 NextGen TV Dolby AC-4 tuner audio, to an AVR or Preamp-processor. The kit also may be used to transmit TOSLINK or L/R analog audio through multi-use ports.
The high protocol overhead for eARC, nearly 37 megabits per second, provides a bandwidth rate equal to eight channels of 192 kHz, 24-bit uncompressed PCM audio. 3D immersive audio codecs such as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X are precisely transported by the AC-AEX-DEARC-KIT using Category cable (Cat 6A recommended) for distances as great as 100m/328ft.
Using the HDMI 2.1 eARC return channel feature, AVPro Edge’s proprietary High Bitrate-Link I2C analysis provides timing stability during data transfer for as many as 32 uncompressed audio channels, perfect for the most demanding object-oriented, immersive 3D-audio playback systems that Home Theater enthusiasts might configure. AP-LINK maintains bit-for-bit, accurately regulated data clocking during long-distance digital audio codec transmission for uncompromised decoding accuracy and complete fidelity to original signal content.
Additionally, AP-LINK monitors and maintains precision audio-with-image synchronization at the display, for a natural-looking presentation with all content. The AC-AEX-DEARC-KIT accurately manages the one megabit-per-second bidirectional data signal that is modulated on top of the eARC audio signal, responsible for synchronizing lip-sync correction data, while also handling transmission of the regularly-timed “heartbeat” signal to the television (the heartbeat signal controls the muting of built-in TV speakers). eARC’s dedicated data channel greatly improves compatibility and reliability over ARC, for dependable automation repeatability.
- AP-LINK – Synchronizes precision audio data transmission timing, including high bitrate codecs, for performance equivalent to adjacently placed equipment.
- Selectable Inputs – Located at the television, the transmitter’s selectable inputs may be switched between HDMI ARC or eARC, with an HDMI output available for a soundbar or local gear use. TOSLINK or L/R analog output may be taken from the display and tra
- Note: This kit does not downmix multichannel audio. L/r channels are output at the receiver per their input status. Stereo may be selectable in the audio menu of many displays for dialogue output.
- L/R & TOSLINK – When switch-selected, dual-purpose analog stereo in/out and mini-TOSLINK connectors provide local use options with sound bars and wireless headphone base units, or at the system endpoint for two-channel audio distribution (audio output typ
- Bidirectional IR & RS-232 – Local room control options for remote system components
- PoC Capable – Discrete Power-over-cable, or via supplied 12VDC adapter
- ARC & eARC – While engineering for the kit is focused on eARC enhancements, ARC is also available for suitably equipped legacy AVRs and Pre-processors.
- AC-AEX-DEARC-T (Transmitter)
- AC-AEX-DEARC-R (Receiver)
- 12V-2.0A Power Supply
- 2 x 3-Pin Terminal Block Connector for RS-232 Ports
- 2 x Mini-TOSLINK connectors
- 3.5mm Mono IR Emitter
- 3.5mm Stereo IR Eye
- 4 x Mounting Brackets
- 8 x Mounting Screws