The Auralex StudioDoors™ are built using a proprietary core stack-up of materials, including Auralex SheetBlok™ Sound Barrier in StudioDoor™ 48 for additional isolation. The StudioDoor™ is the perfect finishing touch to your acoustically isolated studio. StudioDoors™ are wood-based, delivered pre-hung and ready to finish. Our StudioDoors offer exceptional STC ratings of 37 (StudioDoor™ 37), 41 (StudioDoor41) and 48 (StudioDoor48) and are available in these versions: Left hand Inside, Left hand Outside, Right hand Inside and Right hand Outside.
- Shipped Pre-Hung with a Continuous, Industrial-Grade Hinge, Acoustical Threshold, and Automatic Bottom
- The jamb thickness is 3/4” with the stop also being 3/4". The door frame will add 1-1/2" to the overall width of the door and 1-1/4" to the overall height of the door.
- Meaning a standard 36" x 80" door will arrive with jambs that are 37-1/2" wide and 81-1/4" tall
- For stock and custom sizes add 2” to the door’s height and width dimensions to calculate the size of the rough opening in the wall to accommodate the pre-hung frame.
- Door Handle Not Included - Auralex recommends Baldwin door hardware. They carry hardware that fits 2-1/2" thick and 1-3/4" thick doors without custom ordering. Most Baldwin handles are available in these formats.
- A good resource is www.handlesets.com/ who have many options from Baldwin in stock. Select 2-3/4" backset and then filter results to either 1-3/4" or 2-1/2".