The software evolution
The Polycom® RealPresence® Platform is the intelligent infrastructure that makes video collaboration always available to everyone across any network, protocol, application or device of choice. With the rise of the virtualized datacenter, Polycom has evolved the components of the RealPresence Platform to support virtual software deployment strategies—increasing the flexibility, manageability, and efficiency of your video deployment. The RealPresence Platform can now can now be deployed instantly as software, making video and voice collaboration simple and scalable in any environment.
The components of the Polycom® RealPresence® Platform, Virtual Editions are 100% independent from the physical hardware, and work with any and all operating systems and applications that run on standard servers. This allows IT managers to consolidate x86 servers along with their network and storage resources into a unified pool, where video and voice applications run alongside other business applications in the virtual datacenter. Virtual editions of the RealPresence Platform speed installation for faster time-to-service, provide single pane of glass for management and monitoring, and allow IT managers to plan and optimize resources.
Industry-leading investment protection for hybrid environments
For customers who have already invested in hardware components of the Polycom RealPresence Platform, the virtual editions offer an easy transition to software by working seamlessly with existing hardware infrastructure. This architecture eliminates collaboration silos caused by systems that don’t talk to each other, including support for emerging standards such as SVC. Virtual editions of the platform are standardsbased and natively interoperable with UC solutions that already exist in a customer network, and also with third-party vendor solutions, giving customers the best investment protection in the industry.
- Increases agility—easily spin-up and spin-down video capacity based on your organization’s changing needs
- Increases resilience—Software provides better disaster recovery and easier backups for business continuity
- b>Reduces deployment time—Software is quick and easy to deploy, especially for trials and
- Reduces total cost of ownership—Virtual appliances and applications use your IT resources more efficiently, supporting datacenter consolidation
- Aligns with strategic IT policies— Add video infrastructure to your existing virtualized datacenter
- Aligns with procurement policies — Purchase software the with the same CapEx or lease program as your existing platform components
- Provide flexibility and choice— supports hybrid environments with seamless interoperability with existing hardware components